Author Topic: Captain Dean H. Dalton  (Read 5280 times)

sacktimesally

Captain Dean H. Dalton
« on: 10 July, 2010, 02:52 »
I  am  looking  for  relatives   of   Captain , Dean H. Dalton .   He  was  the  co-pilot   on  a  mission  to  Bremen  on  November 26 , 1943.  Sad   enough  ,  the  aircraft  was  hit  by  German fighters  and   the  B-24 ( Sack-time Sally )  crashed  in  my  village  af  birth  ,  Opeinde   in  the  Northern part  of  the  Netherlands .
Besides  Captain  , Dean H. Dalton  , five  crewmembers  died  in  that  crash , only   four  of  the  crew  could  bail out .   

Although  it  is  67  years  ago  ,  we  have  established  a  monument in  Opeinde ,   in  dedication  of  the  six  airmen .  We  were  very  happy  that  the  Navigator  of  the  Sacktime Sally   , mr James H. McGahee  ,  was  here  in  the  Netherlands  to  uncover this  monument . 

We  have  traced   a  lot  of  relatives  but  still   we  are  not  able  to  reach  a  relative  of  Dean H. Dalton  .

his  service number 0-424924,  lived  in    Joplin Missouri.           Married   with  Betty J. Dalton.
With  kind  regards  from , Johan Kuiper  , Opeinde  the  Netherlands 

David Preston

• Administrator
    • Dalton Databank
Re: Captain Dean H. Dalton
« Reply #1 on: 15 July, 2010, 16:15 »
Hello,

Please have a look at our WWII database:

http://www.daltondatabank.org/DDBIndex/USA_Wars/menu.php

sacktimesally

« Reply #2 on: 17 July, 2010, 15:40 »
Hi  David  Preston ,

I  just   took   a  look   , but   I  can't  see  and  find  the name  of   , Dean  H . Dalton  .

Or   am  I  to  hasty   ?

please  tell  me  if   I  am  wrong  .

Johan  Kuiper  the  Netherlands

David Preston

• Administrator
    • Dalton Databank
« Reply #3 on: 18 July, 2010, 03:52 »
OK,

Go to http://www.daltondatabank.org/DDBIndex/USA_Wars/Enlistments_list.php

Type dean h into the search box at the top of the window and click on the Search button; there is one result for a Dean H Dalton.
====
You can also look here:

http://freepages.military.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~hfhm/Roster/v_names.htm

Scroll down about half way to where you see Verberg 1LT 0-734763 in the first column (called Last). In the last column (called Data) you will see:
CP: CAPT Dean H. Dalton    O-424924        KIA

And there is a link to a picture of the crew & an email link to the person that sent in the data.

Cheers,

David

« Last Edit: 18 July, 2010, 03:55 by David Preston »

sacktimesally

« Reply #4 on: 26 August, 2010, 15:50 »
David  ,

Thanks  for  the  help   ,  ( sorry  for  the delay )   .   At  this  moment  ,  I   can tell   that  there  is  contact   with  mr Eric Dalton ,  his  Great  Uncle   was  ,  the  late  Captain Dean H. Dalton   , who  served  in the  USAAF  ,  and  was  a  killed  in  a  aircrash , November 1943  here  in the  Netherlands .

But  ,  I   hope   that  there  are , still ,  more relatives who  might  have  some more  information  about  Dean Dalton , and  maybe  have  a picture  of  him ,  before  the  WW2  ?

Regards  , Johan Kuiper , the Netherlands 

OK,

Go to http://www.daltondatabank.org/DDBIndex/USA_Wars/Enlistments_list.php

Type dean h into the search box at the top of the window and click on the Search button; there is one result for a Dean H Dalton.
====
You can also look here:

http://freepages.military.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~hfhm/Roster/v_names.htm

Scroll down about half way to where you see Verberg 1LT 0-734763 in the first column (called Last). In the last column (called Data) you will see:
CP: CAPT Dean H. Dalton    O-424924        KIA

And there is a link to a picture of the crew & an email link to the person that sent in the data.

Cheers,

David

lowdown8

« Reply #5 on: 05 October, 2010, 06:15 »
I  am  looking  for  relatives   of   Captain , Dean H. Dalton .   He  was  the  co-pilot   on  a  mission  to  Bremen  on  November 26 , 1943.  Sad   enough  ,  the  aircraft  was  hit  by  German fighters  and   the  B-24 ( Sack-time Sally )  crashed  in  my  village  af  birth  ,  Opeinde   in  the  Northern part  of  the  Netherlands .
Besides  Captain  , Dean H. Dalton  , five  crewmembers  died  in  that  crash , only   four  of  the  crew  could  bail out .   

Although  it  is  67  years  ago  ,  we  have  established  a  monument in  Opeinde ,   in  dedication  of  the  six  airmen .  We  were  very  happy  that  the  Navigator  of  the  Sacktime Sally   , mr James H. McGahee  ,  was  here  in  the  Netherlands  to  uncover this  monument . 

We  have  traced   a  lot  of  relatives  but  still   we  are  not  able  to  reach  a  relative  of  Dean H. Dalton  .

his  service number 0-424924,  lived  in    Joplin Missouri.           Married   with  Betty J. Dalton.
With  kind  regards  from , Johan Kuiper  , Opeinde  the  Netherlands 

Hi Johan, I understand you live in Opeinde, my Great Uncle (Sgnt J.J.Cooper) died in a Bomber crash there too. R5748 Lancaster Bomber July 26th 1942.
MY e-mail is lowdown8@gmail.com - Kind Regards - Jason.