Author Topic: DALTON, Thomas believed he moved to US prior to 1852 from Kilbeggan,Westmeath?  (Read 1742 times)

jeffatoz

It is believed that Thomas Dalton moved to the USA before 1852 (unknown location) but I have no further information about him or his parents (no DOB known) but he is believed to have come from Kilbeggan, Westmeath in Ireland

Alice Dalton is one of my descendants and was born about 1828 in Kilbeggan, County Wesmeath, Ireland and was also known  as Alicia and Ellen and she is Thomas's sister.
She had 4 sisters Catherine Jane, Mary and Winifred and 2 brothers  Richard and Thomas.

Catherine who was born abt 1818, married a Bryan? Nally and had 4 children to him in  Ireland. I have no further information about Alice's parents or what happened to her other  siblings.

On  30 December 1851 Alice was tried with her sister Catherine in Westmeath for stealing 3  sheep and sent to 7 years transportation to Van Diemen's Land (Tasmania) on the ship  'Midlothian'. It is from the ship indent (in 1852) for the Midlothian where it lists Thomas Dalton as Alice and Catherines brother and that Thomas is in America.
If I can find information about Thomas it may lead to Alice's parents names etc etc