Author Topic: Samuel Dalton/William Lane Dalton  (Read 2076 times)

cwdalzell

Samuel Dalton/William Lane Dalton
« on: 12 January, 2012, 00:26 »
Greetings,

I have just started researching my ancestry as of last year and have close Dalton connections. However, I seem to have run into a brick wall in my Dalton line.

My Dalton lineage is as follows:

Lois (Louise) Caroline Dalton (1866-1948; m. Robert Bush Taylor), daughter of
William Lane Dalton (1836-1917; m. Anna Louise Scott), possibly son of
Samuel Dalton (1795?-1845?)

I cannot seem to find any further significant information after William Lane and have found him and Anna in census records, but as most of you who have researched records know, they are sadly lacking in pertinent facts (like parents) even on online birth records. (What's the point in marriage records that don't record the name of the spouse? Haha.) The information I do have comes from family, Ancestry, and Archives.

I have found many references to a Samuel Dalton with a son William and a wife Anne in Virginia, but the dates are far too early.

Lois Dalton was born in Illinois and died in Washington. William was apparently born in Illinois as well and died in Missouri. However, this information comes from census data, not birth records. I am sceptical about requesting records from Illinois as I do not want to end up paying for the wrong documents and would like stronger information before pursuing that route. Moreover, family information with direct knowledge tends to be the most solid.   

Other family members say they are certain that these Daltons are related to the Dalton gang, but, apparently, no one has researched, or found, the names and dates for the claim.

If anyone has any additional information, I'd appreciate the help. I just joined this forum and am hoping there is some inkling in the links, but am also hoping someone on here has some concrete data. I have been searching for months without even a lead, so please email me if you have any ideas or are a direct relative with personal knowledge. 

Thanks greatly,
Chris

cwdalzell

Re: Samuel Dalton/William Lane Dalton
« Reply #1 on: 12 January, 2012, 01:01 »
P.S.

I forgot to mention that William's mother was most likely Harriet Tannehill.

Thanks again,
Chris