Author Topic: Daltons of Tullamore, Offaly, Ireland  (Read 4001 times)

mjdalton

Daltons of Tullamore, Offaly, Ireland
« on: 13 January, 2012, 17:30 »
I am attempting to locate information on the Dalton family from Tullamore as well as the Phelans who were originally from Tullamore who moved and built a house in Kilbride in 1954 - 1955.
I have found the following information and would welcome any advice or tips.

Marriage Great Great Grandfather & Great Great Grandmother -3 Sept. 1865: Thomas Dalton of Kilclare of John Dalton to Anne O'Hara of Patrick O'Hara, farmer of Aghamore at Tullamore RD.

Births

Grandfather 12 May 1870: Patrick Dalton at Aghamore, Tullamopre RD to Thomas Dalton, farm labourer and Ann O'Hara.  Emigrated via to US, homestead in North Dakota, settled in Minneapolis, MN

Brother 7 July 1866: John Dalton at Aghamore Town, Tullamore RD* to Thomas Dalton and Ann O'Hara. Emigrated to Lowell Massachusetts in 1882.

Sister 15 Mar. 1868: Anne Dalton at Aghamore, Tullamore RD to Thomas Dalton, farm labourer and Ann O'Hara. Married Patrick Weir St Mary’s chapel, Lochee Dundee 02/22/1892.  Patrick passed 02/03/1949, Church Street, Clara, was buried in Tullamore.

Sister 28 May 1882: Rose Anne Dalton at Aughamore, Tullamore Rd to Thomas Dalton, farmer and Anne O'Hara. Suspect she emigrated to England.

Brother 22 Sept. 1873: Michael Dalton at Aghamore, Tullamore RD to Thomas Dalton, factory hand and Anne O'Hara.  Emigrated to US in Oakland California.

Sister 20 Sept. 1876: Margaret Dalton at Aghamore, Tullamore RD to Thomas Dalton, factory hand and Anne O'Hara.She married a fellow named Phalen, , had a son named Pat and Pat married Kitty. It appears that they moved to Kilbride. .
Sister 25 Apr. 1879: Mary Dalton at Aghamore, Tullamore RD to Thomas Dalton, factory hand and Anne O'Hara. No further information.

I also found that Patrick's father, Thomas Dalton, owned several pieces of property from the Griffith's Valuation, such as the following; Thomas Dalton, P. Kilbride, T. Tullamore, Town of, Buddock's Lane, off Barrack St., house. Is there any historical photographs of this part of town? What is there now?

I did locate in the Ireland Registration Indexs, 1845-1958 a death of Thomas Dalton, Tullamore, Registration quarter Oct to Dec 1929, estimated birth year of 1837, age 92, Volumn 3, page number 355, Digital folder no. 4202044, Parents John Dalton, Spouse Anne O’ Hara.

The only information I can find on my Great Great Great Grandfather is as follows;
Name - John Dalton
Registration District – Tullamore
Event Type – Deaths
Registration Quarter and Year – 1872
Estimated Birth Year – 1789
Age at Death – 83
Mother’s Maiden Name – none
File Number- 101586
Volume Number – 8
Page Number - 551
Digital Folder Number 4200218
Image Number - 63

Again any advice or help would be most welcome.