Author Topic: Eber Dolton/Dalton  (Read 1921 times)

sjs867

Eber Dolton/Dalton
« on: 20 February, 2012, 17:02 »
Hi. I am trying to verify the identity of my great grandfather's father. I have been told that Eber Dolton's father was William Calvin Dalton/Dolton. His mother is listed on the 1900 federal census as Notie Monroe Chadwick. But his father died before 1900 and I can not find any official link to him and William Calvin. Do any of you have any information on this family? Thank you, Suzanne ( Eber is buried in Girard Cemetery in Phenix City, AL with his wife Edna Vestula Kite Dolton. Eber was born in Walton County, Ga. Eber and his wife both died in December of 1936. His father must have died between 1887 and 1900.)
« Last Edit: 20 February, 2012, 17:11 by sjs867 »

sjs867

Re: Eber Dolton/Dalton
« Reply #1 on: 15 April, 2012, 00:59 »
Hi. I have a bit of an update on this Dalton/Dolton mystery. A family member has told me that William Calvin Dalton did not die around 1900 as I had gathered from earlier family tales. This new person says that William left Notie and Eber and went back to his home state of Kentucky. Then he went to Arkansas and married Mary Etta Riner. Mary Etta's daughter from a previous relationship, Ruby, took the Dalton name and they had three more children. William,who died at a few months of age, and two daughters,Oma and Louise.  I found William and Mary Etta on the 1940 census living with Louise and her daughter, Dorothy, in Duncan near Holly Grove,Arkansas.Louise's married name is Johnson on this census. If this new info sounds familiar to anyone, I would appreciate the help. Thanks, Suzanne