Author Topic: Walter Thomas D'Alton  (Read 3470 times)

Alandal

Walter Thomas D'Alton
« on: 27 December, 2008, 05:21 »
Can anyone help me find the parents/family of the above Gentleman ?

We know he was married in Eastbourne, England (in 1887, where father is shown as deceased) to a lady from Guernsey, Channel Islands, and thereafter lived in Wimbledon, Surrey, England as a Chemist/Medical Dispenser up to his death in 1914.

According to Marriage and Death Certificates together with Census info, he was born in 1861

(NB There is another WTD born in Dartford/Swanley/Longfield,England but we have traced him from birth, through the census's and his subsequent marriage - when since 1891 our WTD has been found living and married elsewhere. He is definitely a separate man of the same name and age.)

In 1881 Census there is a WALTER DALTON Age 30 (ten years older , but may have lied in later years ?), who has the occupation shown as "Medical Profession Dentist" - which is very similar trade to the WTD we are seeking. Unfortunately he is a boarder in Ealing (staying with a retired Chemist) and is shown as being born in "England". However having searched for all Births in England, none fit the criteria and we suspect that the Head of the house may have guessed age and/or birth place

In the 1891 and 1901 Census's he is shown as being married, with children (some with ‘scottish’ sounding names – Gordon Horace, Donald, Reta & Cyril Stuart) in Wimbledon, England as being born in Scotland, but have been unable to trace him in the 1871 Census.

The 1911 Census, shows he is still in Wimbledon age 50 with a Birthplace showing of Edinburgh (Scotland).

Any clues to where he came from would be gratefully received,

Thanks,

Al & Al

Howard Dalton

Re: Walter Thomas D'Alton
« Reply #1 on: 18 July, 2013, 15:46 »
Are you still looking for this info?

I will be in the Record Office in Edinburgh in August and can look for you.

Howard Dalton

howard.dalton@hotmail.co.uk

Alandal

Re: Walter Thomas D'Alton
« Reply #2 on: 15 December, 2013, 05:54 »
Howard,

My apologies for not replying earlier, but did not appear to have received notification of your message.

Anyway, I hope you had a successful visit to Edinburgh and if you are visiting again in the future, yes I am still looking (as I have been for the last thirty years +) to see where Walter Thomas D'Alton came from.

Alandal