Author Topic: Alice Dalton, born Abt 1827 Kilbeggan, Co. Westmeath - tracking ancestors  (Read 2250 times)

jeffatoz

I am trying to track the parents names of one of my ancestors or other possible links through her brothers and sisters.

My ancestor is Alice Dalton (born Abt 1827- from Kilbeggan, Co. Westmeath ) and was transported to Tasmania ( known as Van Diemans Land - VDL ), Australia for stealing 3 sheep on Dec 1851 (Ship Midlothian) arriving 24 Feb 1853 as a 25 year old with 166 other women departed from Kingston, Ireland. 
she was also known as Alicia Dalton or Ellen Dalton
she had another sister called Jane Dalton who she requested to be allowed to come to Tasmania to live but it is not known if she ever arrived.
Alice Dalton Married an English convict James King in Tasmania on 7 March 1854

she has a mother - Emily ?
              brothers - Richard Dalton and Thomas Dalton , by 1853 Thomas had probably moved to the USA by 1853
              sisters -   Jane Dalton, Winifred Dalton , Mary Dalton , Catherine Dalton

Her sister Catherine Nally (nee Dalton) born abt 1818 was tried and transported for the same offence. Catherine was married to a Bryan? Nally and had 4 children but they did not appear to go to Tasmania.

I am trying to find out Alice's parents names, dates of birth, or any other information relating to them or her siblings or any information related to the Nally family and Catherine's children. Should anyone be looking for information my side I have a wealth of data to share

Jeff

« Last Edit: 04 May, 2009, 11:23 by jeffatoz »