Author Topic: Daltons Merton & Watton Norfolk + Hull UK  (Read 7825 times)

TonyBee

• MERTON in Norfolk UK
Daltons Merton & Watton Norfolk + Hull UK
« on: 09 July, 2009, 06:29 »
Hi All. Its been a while since on the track of the Dalton family here in Merton Norfolk UK, since recent illness has made it hard to make any follow ups, however i recently had contact from a lady who is the grandaughter of William Dalton bn 1874 in Watton Norfolk, William being the son of Zebedee.
I have managed to find  many of Williams ancestors back to 1744, but am interested in any details on William bn 1874 decendents, it is understood he had children but was not married and as yet cannot find his death which seems to be around 1950s and in the Watton Norfolk area... It is a possibility he died in Hull as this is where some of his relatives moved to...

Also could Rod Hilbert please make contact with me...

any help gratefully received..

Tony
www.merton.ukgo.com
« Last Edit: 09 July, 2009, 14:19 by TonyBee »

Maureen Collins

Re: Daltons Merton & Watton Norfolk + Hull UK
« Reply #1 on: 11 July, 2009, 10:43 »
Dear tony,
I have already emailed you in Merton but for other readers, there seems to be some confusion as my Great Uncle william Dalton, b. West Wretham Norfolk 1874 was the son of Zebedee and Maria Dalton.  He married Sally, had 3 children and died in Hull Yorkshire in 1915/18.  He had three children, Stanley (adopted), Dorothy  and James.  Dorothy widowed in WW2, remarried George Lakin and they had twin sons and two daughters in Sydney, Australia from whence he came.  Unfortunately we have lost contact with them.
regards
Maureen

TonyBee

• MERTON in Norfolk UK
« Reply #2 on: 25 July, 2009, 06:43 »
Hi Maureen.
Sorry for delay in repling here, i did not get a notification from the forum that there was a reply to my request, but as you know most details via our email contact.
But just in case we have another online interested party i can inform you that after viewing the  registers for Wretham, i found children to Zebedee and Maria , William Dalton baptized at West Wretham 14th Feb 1886 bn 16th July 18, I beleive this could possibly be the same as the William Dalton bn Watton that keeps turning up, As i have no proof to where William was bn apart from census returns 1881, 1911, for some reason he is not on the 1891 or 1901 census which suggests he was serving for British forces a broad. Also Zebedee and Maria's other children were baptized at West Wretham.
Bessie baptized the same date as William above...
Isaac baptized 3rd July 1887,bn May 1886,
Gertrude baptized 11th June 1889 bn July 1888,
Benjiman baptized 14th June 1891 bn April 1890.
Other detials discovered;
In 1901 Zebedee was a Mole Catcher.
Found a William Dalton bn Watton married a Sally Jane Borrill in Hull, seem to miss placed the date....

I have not heard from Rod at this point..

WILLIAM DALTON bn WATTON, IF YOU ARE OUT THERE HELPPPPPP! I need some sleep....... LOL..

Regards Tony Brooks
www.merton.ukgo.com

Dear tony,
I have already emailed you in Merton but for other readers, there seems to be some confusion as my Great Uncle william Dalton, b. West Wretham Norfolk 1874 was the son of Zebedee and Maria Dalton.  He married Sally, had 3 children and died in Hull Yorkshire in 1915/18.  He had three children, Stanley (adopted), Dorothy  and James.  Dorothy widowed in WW2, remarried George Lakin and they had twin sons and two daughters in Sydney, Australia from whence he came.  Unfortunately we have lost contact with them.
regards
Maureen
« Last Edit: 25 July, 2009, 06:50 by TonyBee »

Karen Dalton Preston

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 26 July, 2009, 16:06 »
Hi Tony -- in reply to your comment about not receiving a notice of a new post to your message, have you clicked on the "Notify" tab for this tread?  It appears on the dark blue set of tabs at the beginning and ant the bottom of each message thread.  This will turn on notifications for posts to this tread.

If you are still not receiving notices, please let me know, and we'll get it fixed!

Best regards,
--Karen

TonyBee

• MERTON in Norfolk UK
« Reply #4 on: 08 August, 2009, 08:18 »
Hi Karen.
Yes have the "Notify me of replies" ticked which is under the Additional Options, but still no  notifying.

Regards Tony..

Hi Tony -- in reply to your comment about not receiving a notice of a new post to your message, have you clicked on the "Notify" tab for this tread?  It appears on the dark blue set of tabs at the beginning and ant the bottom of each message thread.  This will turn on notifications for posts to this tread.

If you are still not receiving notices, please let me know, and we'll get it fixed!

Best regards,
--Karen

Karen Dalton Preston

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 18 August, 2009, 12:21 »
Hi Tony,

The Administrator has confirmed that you are, in fact, set to receive notifications.  The only other thing that we can think of as the cause is that your email account is sending the notices to a Spam or junk mail folder.  Try adding dpreston@golden-hills.com to your email address book or "white list".

Best regards,
--Karen

TonyBee

• MERTON in Norfolk UK
« Reply #6 on: 19 August, 2009, 07:39 »
Hi Karen.
It seems to be working now, just reeived the notification via an email.
Thanks..
Regards

Hi Tony,

The Administrator has confirmed that you are, in fact, set to receive notifications.  The only other thing that we can think of as the cause is that your email account is sending the notices to a Spam or junk mail folder.  Try adding dpreston@golden-hills.com to your email address book or "white list".

Best regards,
--Karen

Karen Dalton Preston

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 19 August, 2009, 11:13 »
Hi Tony,

I am glad to hear that the notifications are working now!

Best regards,
--Karen

TonyBee

• MERTON in Norfolk UK
« Reply #8 on: 12 December, 2010, 06:53 »
Any direct decendants to William Dalton bn in Watton Norfolk 1874 ?....
« Last Edit: 12 December, 2010, 07:01 by TonyBee »