Author Topic: Christopher Dalton b. 1827 - lived in Jackson, Michigan  (Read 2248 times)

mcnelson

I am new to the research on the Dalton side of my family.  I located a book called "The History of Jackson County, Michigan" which talks about the man I am interested in, Christopher Dalton.  We know from that book that he was born in Ireland in 1827 and married a Margaret Casey also born that same year.  He emigrated to Connecticut in 1848 and then moved to Jackson, Michigan in 1855 where he later became involved in the grocery business. 

I would like any information possible about him or any family members.  Any connections would be most grateful!

Karen Dalton Preston

• Administrator
Re: Christopher Dalton b. 1827 - lived in Jackson, Michigan
« Reply #1 on: 30 October, 2009, 15:40 »
There are several references to Christopher and Margaret Dalton in the Dalton Data Bank at http://www.daltondatabank.org/
Son Thomas, born in Leoni, Jackson County, Michigan on 20 Sept 1869 to Christopher & Margaret Dolton

There are 3 children listed that died in Jackson County, Michigan:
   Catherine, died 17 Oct 1875, age 8 yrs., 6 mos., 5 days
   Hettie, died 11 Oct 1875, age 11 yrs., 2 mos., 7 days
   Thomas, died 20 Oct 1875, age 9 yrs., 10, mos., 6 days

Thomas & Margaret are also enumerated in the 1880 census of Michigan, in Jackson, Ward 8, Jackson County:
Christopher Dolton, farmer, 50, b. IRE;  wife Margaret, 49, b. IRE;  eight children b. MI - Mary 23;  James 22;  John, 20 rr lab., Margaret 19, dressmaker; Christopher, 18, rr lab.;  Peter, 17 farm hand; Richard 11;  Michael 10.

I hope this is helpful!
--Karen