Author Topic: Forum Questions  (Read 5598 times)

David Preston

• Administrator
    • Dalton Databank
Forum Questions
« on: 06 November, 2008, 18:26 »
As we have just launched this service, what are your initial reactions?

johndalton78

Re: Forum Questions
« Reply #1 on: 12 November, 2008, 04:58 »
I can see it becoming very useful, once its use becomes estabished among members.

wendy

« Reply #2 on: 12 November, 2008, 06:26 »
I can see it becoming very useful, once its use becomes estabished among members.

Agree with john As yet I haven't thought of any queries to follow up Wendy

MaryDalton52

« Reply #3 on: 03 December, 2008, 19:18 »
I'm really excited to have a forum where we can connect and ask questions!  This is great!

Karen Dalton Preston

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 03 December, 2008, 19:52 »
Hi Mary and Welcome!

I hope that the Forum will be useful in helping all DGS members get connected.  If you have a research question that another member may be able to help with, please post a query!

--Karen

Rod Dalton

« Reply #5 on: 04 December, 2008, 00:46 »
Hello to all members of this new Dalton forum! I have been a member of the DGS for 10 years now.
Read Arthur Whittaker's new post about our new Geni.com web page.

Thanks,
Rodney G. Dalton

Arthur Whittaker

Re: Geni Dalton/Whittaker site
« Reply #6 on: 04 December, 2008, 00:52 »
Rod Dalton and Arthur Whittaker are looking for descendants of James Dalton in Pembrey South Wales. We have created about 7000 individual histories of Dalton and Whittaker families. Because this site deals with both living and dead families it is not open to the public. The only way to get into the site is through a personal invite. If you are a descendant of James, Rod and Arthur invite you to put your family information into this site and see where you fit into the big picture.  To obtain an invite please email Rod at  rgd333@gmail.com or Arthur at arthurwhitt@gmail.com. 

The Geni site is free and we recommend that you check it out for your individual families.  The Geni site would be a great asset to the Dalton DNA study because each DNA family could place their personal information and see how each individual ties into their line. Go to www.geni.com for information about the Geni program. 

Arthur Whittaker

« Reply #7 on: 04 December, 2008, 00:59 »
 Rod Dalton and Arthur Whittaker just want to comment on the number of hours that it took to get this forum up and going.  We appreciate your dedication and many long hours of effort to make this forum happen.  Thanks for all your efforts.  The site is first class A+.  Rod and Arthur.