Author Topic: William Dalton  (Read 3501 times)

natters

William Dalton
« on: 26 January, 2010, 00:50 »
Hi there! I'm new, both to this site and to genealogy. I've just started doing my fathers side and am already stumped! The information I've gotten is that my grandfathers father's name is William Allan Dalton. He married a Bridget Brady. I've gotten information on the Brady side easily enough, but am having a hard time finding out about William.....lack of a credit card is surely the problem ;) He was married prior to his marriage to Bridget (his former wife died giving birth to their second child) He has 3 kids with Bridget - the only one who's date of birth I know is my Grandfathers which was in 1928 and they all lived in Dublin.

Anyways, like I've said, I just started and stumbled upon this site. Hopefully someone has some sort of information.....I'll keep on looking though :) Thanks!

Rachel Dalton

Re: William Dalton
« Reply #1 on: 26 September, 2010, 00:40 »
I may have information for you.  I'm eager to learn how we are related.  Your information doesn't fit mine 100%, but there are similarities.

My grandmother was Bridget Dalton (nee Brady)  born Dec 18 1893 on James St. in Dublin.  My father is one of her three sons. 

Bridget's husband's name is Bernard Allan Dalton (not William).  He was born in Deptford England on Oct 14 1886.  He married Bridget in 1926.  Previous to marrying Bridget, Bernard had two son's with a first wife who's name was Faye Crook and she died in 1918.

Seems like your great grandfather is my grandfather!  I do have more details and stories about my father's family.

I will try to e-mail you.