Author Topic: Rachel Dalton Montgomery  (Read 2778 times)

cagrits

Rachel Dalton Montgomery
« on: 19 March, 2010, 09:33 »
I would like to find out exactly where (Cemetery Name) Rachel Dalton Montgomery 1794-1860 (daughter of John Bass Dalton and Eleanor Edwards) and her husband Levi Montgomery 1795-1854 are buried.  I have found something on the Clan Montgomery site that says they are in the "Quaker Cemetery, Burks Fork, Carroll Co. Virginia"  but there is no Burks Fork in Carroll Co.  And I have searched the one Quaker Cemetery in Carroll Co., they are not there.  I have been told there is no Quaker Cemetery in Floyd Co. (where Burks Fork is).  Does anyone have the answer to this?  Thanks

David Preston

• Administrator
    • Dalton Databank
Re: Rachel Dalton Montgomery
« Reply #1 on: 21 March, 2010, 17:21 »
Hello!

Not an answer to your specific question, but more information which may help you sort out the burial location.

F. Levi Montgomery 55 farmer, b. NC; Rachel 50, b. ?. Levi died 1854. He was the son of William and Rebecca Erwin Montgomery who came to Carroll Co. from Guilford Co., N. C. and he married Rachel Dalton dau of John and Eleanor Edwards Dalton. He raised 10 children half of who had left home when this Census was taken.
Linsey 15, farmer, b. VA
Eleanor 13, b. VA
Margaret 11, b. VA
John 9, b. VA
Flotilla 7, b. VA
(Alderman 1850 census p. 34)
OTHER CHILDREN OF LEVI AND RACHEL DALTON MONTGOMERY
Franklin Hurst 31 farmer, b. VA; Charity 26, b. VA. Franklin b 1819 d. 1881, son of William and Rachel Hurst. He married 1846 Charity Montgomery, dau of Levi and Rachel Dalton Montgomery. In 1870 he married Roxina Alderman.
William L. 4,b . BA
Jesse C. 2, b. VA
Garland M. 5/12 b. VA
(Alderman 1850 Census p 18.)
Martin Montgomery 35 farmer b. VA; Elizabeth 34 b. VA. Martin was the oldest child of Levi and Rachel Dalton Montgomery. Elizabeth was the dau of Elijah and Barbara Slusher Turman. They married in 1834 but sold out and left Carroll Co., in the 1850's.
Christopher 12, b..VA
Hulda 9, b. VA
Levi 7, b. VA
Cordela FA, 6/12 b. VA
(Alderman 1850 Census p. 18)

Hope that helps!