Author Topic: Frances Isabel Dalton  (Read 4613 times)

joanvoe

Frances Isabel Dalton
« on: 21 December, 2008, 01:40 »
Hi

I am researching someone who lived in the UK, and I believe that this woman may have been the 'companion' referred to in letters and other documents. She seems to have been known as Isabel rather than Frances. I've done quite a bit to find out about Isabel herself, but I am trying to discover if she is the same Isabel as the one mentioned. I know she died in Staincross, UK, in 1961 but I am keen to know where she may have been living from 1915 to that date. Could she have been in London?

If anyone is connected to her, or her sisters Violet, Irene or Joan or brother John I would be grateful to hear from them.

Kindest regards
Joan

drathgen

Re: Frances Isabel Dalton
« Reply #1 on: 20 March, 2015, 21:43 »
Frances Dalton and Joshua Hirst had a son c1830-1838 named William Hirst. William migrated to Victoria, Australia c1851 where he married Elizabeth Benson in 1867. In 1867 on his marriage certificate, William said he was born at WARDELL - a non-existing place in Northumberland. His father, Joshua Hirst was an architect. Some correspondents (from Rootschat) suggested the place was WARDEN - but searches there say not so. Now I have asked at Wardley, Northumberland; and await a reply.
Perhaps you might have a Frances Dalton from Northumberland in your tree? or even a Joshua Hirst, architect of Northumberland?
Looking forward to hearing from you.